St Michael's Convent
In 1891 wooden convents were built for the sisters, The Black Josephites, at Bungaree. They were called this because they wore black habits instead of brown.
In 1900 there was trouble between the Black Josephite Sisters and Bishop Moore, so Mother Mary Mackillop, founder of the Brown Josephites, came to interview the sisters. The Black Josephite Sisters left in 1901.
On 1st October, 1922 the Foundation Stone was laid for the Bungaree Convent.
In 1923 the Presentation Sisters arrived. They left in 1966 and the Mercy Sisters took over until 1974.